When planning a vacation to the Bahamas – in this case, the Exuma Islands – there will be no shortage of fun things to do. Known for their pristine waters and incredible scuba diving, the Bahamas attract people from all over the world year-round. Additionally, Great Exuma and the other Bahamian islands offer numerous outdoor activities that will keep the whole family busy, and mouth-watering dining options will give visitors a true taste of the island culture. Whether it is your first time traveling to the Exuma Islands or if you have been here many times before, it is important to come prepared. The Exuma Islands are considered an extremely friendly string of cays with an abundance of exotic sea and wildlife, as well as many options for exploring and lazing on the beach. From kayaking or deep sea fishing to body surfing and hiking, the Exuma Islands are the perfect spot for any type of traveler. The luxurious resorts offer easy access to the water, numerous spas, island boutiques and restaurants that are sure to leave you coming back for more. Before we get ahead of ourselves, it is helpful to have a good idea of what sorts of items you should plan on bringing to the Bahamas. The Bahamas have more than 800 miles of public beaches, which means a vacation here is sure to be full of plenty of sun, sand, and time frolicking in the turquoise waters. In order to make sure you have the most enjoyable Exuma Islands vacation possible, take a look at the below list and check your suitcase twice before skipping town.
PACKING THESE ESSENTIALS WILL HELP YOU DURING YOUR BAHAMAS VACATIONS
While it may seem obvious, the first thing you must do when planning a trip to the Exuma Islands and Bahamas is obtain a passport. It is important to do this well in advance of your trip, just in case. It is also a good idea to exchange some of the money you will be bringing along for Bahamian currency before you arrive. While the exchange rate is often higher in your own country, it is beneficial to have a small amount of local currency for tipping and getting around on your first day. Listed below are other island essentials you should be sure to have for your stay on the Exuma Islands:
– A high SPF sunscreen – The sun is extremely strong and intense in the Bahamas, so it is important to be prepared with a higher-than-normal SPF
– Hat and sunglasses
– Beach shoes
– Casual clothing – Comfortable, light weight clothing is a must when visiting the Exuma Islands. Popular items include cotton t-shorts and tanks, shorts, khakis, dresses, and flowing skirts. Also be sure to include a sweater or light weight jacket for cooler evenings
– Several bathing suits
– Formal wear – If you are planning on going to an upscale restaurant or theater, it is recommended that you opt for something a little dressier, such as a collared shirt and slacks for men or sun dresses and skirts for women
– Batteries – Bring extra batteries for your camera, just in case
– Snorkeling gear or other items for activities – You can oftentimes rent these sorts of items, but it may be helpful to just bring it along if you can
The Exuma Islands are one of the most beautiful, scenic destinations in the world, and for good reason. When you decide to vacation here, you will not be disappointed by the endless activities and breathtaking scenery, but it is important to be prepared. Creative Commons Attribution: Permission is granted to repost this article in its entirety with credit to Grand Isle Resort & Spa and a clickable link back to this page.